[ntp:questions] Re: Can NTP get permanently confused?

David L. Mills mills at udel.edu
Sun Oct 2 01:02:57 UTC 2005

Folks,

Be advised NTPv3 (xntp) does in fact display a different time from the
actual computer time while the clock adjustment is being amortized. This
was one of the factors that led to the development of NTPv4 (ntpd). he
xntpd had two timescales, one for daemon and the other for the computer
clock. The difference is not much under most circumstances, so if you
are not concerned about crashing an airplane, just ignore it.

Dave