[ntp:questions] Re: more linux porting problems

Steve Kostecke kostecke at ntp.isc.org
Wed Oct 5 17:56:40 UTC 2005

On 2005-10-05, Chris Richmond - MD6-FDC ~
<crichmon at filc8046.fm.intel.com> wrote:

> In article <434341BF.7070408 at gis.net>, mayer at gis.net (Danny Mayer)
> writes:
>
>>Chris Richmond - MD6-FDC ~ wrote:
>>
>>> I downloaded the 4.2.0b release and tried to compile it three
>>> different systems at home (no wise cracks) and was unsuccessful for
>>> more or less the same reason on all three.
>>
>>We have fixed a bunch problems like this in the development stream.
>>You should try picking up the latest development version and build
>>that.
>
>By development stream, do you mean the development link in the little
>download table at isc.org?

The NTP "development stream" may be tracked by using BitKeeper to
maintain a local source code repository or by downloading tarballs
from the SoftwareDownloads page (at http://ntp.isc.org/downloads).

Please visit http://ntp.isc.org/Main/SoftwareDevelopment and
http://ntp.isc.org/Dev/BitKeeperNotes for information about using
BitKeeper.

BTW: The "development release" links on the SoftwareDownloads page _are_
updated automatically after the scheduled daily* ntp-dev tarball release.

*This occurs only if a source code update has been committed.

Current web-site shortcuts  - http://ntp.isc.org/shortcut