[ntp:questions] System clock

Jarrar Jaffari jarrar at cisco.com
Thu Oct 6 16:14:19 UTC 2005

Sivkumar,

Kindly explain few things.

What are you refering to  when you say "refrence time" ? It looks highly
unlikly that changing
system clock will change the time on the refrence clock.

"ntpd" does not run any clock, it does keep the system clock in sync
with the refrence clocks
that you have specified in its configuration. Therefore you cannot "not
disturb" the system clock.

Jarrar