[ntp:questions] Re: Contradicting RFC<---> Implementation

Remo madhu_mepco at yahoo.co.uk
Fri Oct 7 15:37:39 UTC 2005

After going down the rabbit hole,  I learnt that w32time is very poor.
 And now my problem jots down to a single question:  In versions of
xntp, the sanity checks of the clock-selection procedure shows that the
(peer->dispersion is compared with NTP_MAXDISTANCE).  But the RFC
suggests of using peer->synchdistance. Why is this =><= ??  I found
that peer->dispersion is a subset in composing
peer->synchdistance...but using synchdistance according to RFC could
make the clock selection more strict right ?
Please correct me if I am wrong and let me know why there is a
difference in implementing.  I could not find the BugID that made this
:o(

Thanks for your time

~REMO