[ntp:questions] Re: asyncronous path between "time client" and ntp server

Danny Mayer mayer at gis.net
Tue Oct 11 02:28:40 UTC 2005

Bob Beers wrote:
> Thanks for your reply,
>
> BTW, I really meant asymmetrical, not asynchronous, but the former
> would likely imply the latter.

Not at all. They're unrelated and orthogonal to each other. How do you
know that the path is asymmetric? Do you have any evidence to back this
up? If so can you estimate the amount of this asymmetry? There is at
least one handle you can use to tell ntp about the asymmetry but I'd
have to look it up. It's more important to look at the evidence first.

Danny