[ntp:questions] Re: bluetooth gps receiver time synchronization accuracy

Richard B. Gilbert rgilbert88 at comcast.net
Tue Oct 11 12:20:21 UTC 2005

Ger wrote:

>Hi all,
>
>I'm looking for a way to time-synchronize a pda with a fixed host, and I'm
>thinking about using a bluetooth gps receiver (ntp is not accurate enough).
>I was wondering what the accuracy is when you synchronize the gps receiver's
>clock to the pda clock, any ideas? I know the most bluetooth gps receivers
>have an accuracy around the 1 microsecond range (to GPS time), but it's not
>the same on the pda i guess.
>
>thanks,
>Ger

The PDAs I'm familiar with (various Palm models) display the time in
days,  hours and minutes only.  If your PDA had the time, accurate to 1
microsecond, what would you do with it?

I have never heard of any software for doing anything like this.  It
seems to me that the demand would be so limited that no one would bother.

What PDA are you planning to use, what is the resolution of its internal
clock, and how do you expect to read or display the time once you have it?