[ntp:questions] Re: Correcting my time servers clock drift on Alpha ES40s / Tru64

Bjorn Gabrielsson bg at lysator.liu.se
Mon Oct 24 08:13:37 UTC 2005

Dave,

I think the 'signature' was there. But with the shouting - SNR goes way
down, and finding the true/real information gets harder.

'We' want everyone to run the latest ntpd, and are happy to answer
questions related to this latest versions.

Problems with ancient versions are usually best solved by
upgrading. People wanting to stay with their vendor default (ancient) ntpd
are much less likely to get help by 'us'. And they must accept that. If the
vendor - like Sun/HP/IBM/SGI - chips in here to help, I do not think
we should run them out of the newsgroup.

--

    Björn