[ntp:questions] Re: Correcting my time servers clock drift on Alpha ES40s / Tru64

David L. Mills mills at udel.edu
Mon Oct 24 21:22:05 UTC 2005

Brian,

I agree. The ntpq rv includes a banner what reveals the build time,
version and system and at least for Sun the modifier. As pointed out in
a reply to a private message, this is probably a sufficient signature
for our purposes.

I did a stupid thing for not asking for this information in the first
place. Newsreaders be advised, it would save much time and sweat if the
ntpq "version" and "processor" information is included with the query.

Dave