[ntp:questions] Small fixed offset

ariel.burbaickij at gmail.com ariel.burbaickij at gmail.com
Fri Oct 28 05:06:07 UTC 2005

For whatever reason I did not get answer to my previous
post, so I resend it, maybe this time it will atract
more attention.

1. ariel.burbaic... at gmail.com 	  Oct 26, 10:06 am     show options
Newsgroups: comp.protocols.time.ntp
From: ariel.burbaic... at gmail.com - Find messages by this author
Date: 26 Oct 2005 01:06:21 -0700
Subject: small fiexed offset
original | Remove | Report Abuse

Hello dear newsgroup participants,

as I see from skeaming through the newsgroup the fixed offset topic is
one of the most favorite ones, well I also need it, the only difference
being the fact that
the delay needed is small indeed -- around 150 milliseconds. Why is it
needed?
We need to compensate for the network latency for the signals
backhauled from
central part of USA to Central Europe for different accounting
purposes. How the setup of time synchronization is intended? We plan to
set up separate ntp server with GPS clock connected to it that DOES NOT
communicate with any peers on Internet (we can set also 2 or 3 of them
for redundancy purposes). Fudge of +/- approx. 150 milliseocnds will be
set up on this server /these servers. Pieces of equipment to which
signals are backhauled to will have this server /these server
as their synchronisation clock. Will this approach work?

With Best Regards
Ariel Burbaickij