[ntp:questions] NTP keeps dying on me

Stewart, Helen O Helen.Stewart2 at southlanarkshire.gsx.gov.uk
Thu Oct 27 13:49:05 UTC 2005

Hi,

I am having trouble with only one power5 LPAR running AIX 5.3.  I have
set up the ncp.conf file to look at a windows server the same as the
rest but it keeps failing and the output from the error report I get is
this:

---
LABEL:          SRC_SVKO
IDENTIFIER:     BC3BE5A3

Date/Time:       Thu 27 Oct 10:35:29 2005
Sequence Number: 400
Machine Id:      00CC737F4C00
Node Id:         almadap4
Class:           S
Type:            PERM
Resource Name:   SRC

Description
SOFTWARE PROGRAM ERROR

Probable Causes
APPLICATION PROGRAM

Failure Causes
SOFTWARE PROGRAM

        Recommended Actions
        MANUALLY RESTART SUBSYSTEM IF NEEDED

Detail Data
SYMPTOM CODE
         256
SOFTWARE ERROR CODE
       -9017
ERROR CODE
           0
DETECTING MODULE
'srchevn.c'@line:'350' <mailto:'srchevn.c'@line:'350'>
FAILING MODULE
xntpd

Is there some sort of bug on this that I need a patch for perhaps ?

I'd appreciate any help you have on this matter as it is really begining
to annoy me !!

Thanks in advance

Helen

The original of this email was scanned for viruses by the Government Secure Intranet (GSi) virus scanning service supplied exclusively by Energis in partnership with MessageLabs.

On leaving the GSi this email was certified virus-free