[ntp:questions] Re: Small fixed offset

ariel.burbaickij at gmail.com ariel.burbaickij at gmail.com
Fri Oct 28 10:38:46 UTC 2005

There is misunderstanding here.
The signals are timestamped at the equipement after they are feed in
into it.
In order to get accurate timestamps (where by accurate I mean time as
the
signals where seen/generated in USA not as signals were feed in into
equipment in Central Europe) we have to introduce small offset on the
clocks
on the equipment (they must run 150 milliseconds behind the real time)
. It is not
possible to timestamp signals in USA as the backhauling equipement is
not much more than optical fibre cables.  Clocks
are synchronized from private ntp server. I am not talking about
compensating
the network latency in NTP protocol itself. Is it more clear now?