[ntp:questions] OS recomendations for stratum 2 clocks

Joshua Coombs jcoombs at gwi.net
Wed Sep 7 20:17:05 UTC 2005

Using standard PC hardware, and no directly connected reference clocks
as limitations, is there a general recommendation for OS on a box that
will be dedicated to NTP?  My current background has me most
comfortable with FreeBSD, but if using a true RTOS will give me any
tangible improvements in the quality of time pushed out of these boxes
(stratum issues not withstanding) then I'm willing to learn a new
setup.

Joshua Coombs