[ntp:questions] NTP - Separate clock

SivaKumar Subramani ssubrama at ssd.usa.alcatel.com
Mon Sep 26 08:16:01 UTC 2005

Hi,

I've successfully installed the NTP 4.2.0 and it works fine on solrais8.
I've certain doubts, can any one clarify me?

Is there any way in the NTP to avoid setting the system clock?
I've tried this with command in the ntp.conf file by "disable pll"
command, but this command still sets the system clock.
Our requirement is to run a separate clock other than the system clock
and pass on this time info to our registered clients.

I would like to set the time by NTP other than the system clock.
If possible to run a separate clock, how to run this clock and what need
to be introduced in the ntp.conf file.

Thanks in advance.

-Sivakumar.