[ntp:questions] Re: set your alarms

David J Taylor david-taylor at blueyonder.co.not-this-bit.nor-this-part.uk
Thu Apr 6 06:52:33 UTC 2006

Anthony DeRobertis wrote:
> On Tue, 04 Apr 2006 06:29:14 +0000, David J Taylor wrote:
>
>> .. although only if you use one particular, rather illogical, day
>> numbering convention where the significance order is mixed up
>> throughout the date string.  Using a more logical convention, where
>> significance increases uniformly, you still have a month to go.
>
> 60/61, 60, 60, 24, 28/30/31, 365/366: real uniform there :-D
>
> I'll take ISO 8601 as the one, true date format, please. I don't
> claim its uniform, just unambiguous.

Please re-read my post - I claimed the /significance/ increased uniformly:

  second, minute, hour, day, month, year

Each item has more significance than the item to the left, as opposed to:

  second, minute, hour, month, day, year

where every item /except/ day is in order of increasing significance.

David