[ntp:questions] Re: NTP over multicast sat link with no return channel

juliansomers at googlemail.com juliansomers at googlemail.com
Fri Apr 7 15:10:31 UTC 2006

Thanks, Maarten,

I saw the 'novolley' keyword, but it seems to be available only with
the 'broadcastclient' option, not the 'multicastclient' or 'server'
options.

I have tried it like this on the client:

multicastclient 224.0.1.1
broadcastclient novolley

and it seems to not try to send back to the server.

But I think I have a separate problem with auth, which is complicating
matters. Before I waste everyone's time, I will make sure this weekend
that auth works on a LAN, with a return channel, and then put it back
on the satellite to address the novolley issue,

many thanks,

Julian