[ntp:questions] Re: w32tm DC error

Ry malayter at gmail.com
Mon Apr 10 13:15:56 UTC 2006

That 0x1 after the host name looks strange; I see that documented in
the KB article but it does not appear when I run w32tm /dumpreg on my
own systems. Try running this command:

NET TIME /SETSNTP:time.windows.com

That should reset all of the registry values you were messing with.
Then stop and restart the Windows Time Service.

Look in the event log. If there are any warnings saying that the time
server could not be contacted, then you definitely have a networking
problem. Somehow UDP port 123 is being firewalled or otherwise blocked.

Have you tried using us.pool.ntp.org instead of time.windows.com?