[ntp:questions] Different types of associations in the ntpq billboard

Heiko Gerstung heiko.gerstung_removeme_ at meinberg.de
Mon Apr 10 14:07:57 UTC 2006

Hi, Folks:

I just tested broadcastclient under Windows and saw that the association
created based on the received ntp broadcasts is listed just like any
unicast association.

I thought that the "t" column refers to the association type, which can
be "l" (for local refclocks such as hardware refclocks or the LOCAL
refclock), "u" for "Unicast", "m" for "Multicast" and "b" for
"Broadcast" associations.

Is this a bug(tm) or a feature(tm), in other words: Is it really wanted
to let broadcast associations look like unicast associations or did I
get the meaning of the "t" column wrong?

Kind regards,
Heiko

MEINBERG Radio Clocks
www.meinberg.de

IRIG. Rackmount and desktop versions and PCI slot cards.