[ntp:questions] Re: w32tm DC error

Danny Mayer mayer at ntp.isc.org
Tue Apr 11 02:05:39 UTC 2006

Franz wrote:
> Hi Ry!
>
> Thanks for your help. I changed the sntp, like you said, but it's still
> not working. I tried to connect to some other addresses, like
> europe.pool.ntp.org or similar, but still it is not working.
>
> I also though that port 123 might be blocked, but ethereal shows that
> WinXP still sends and receives NTP packets (but it might be that the
> NTP packets are just send inside the group?!). In the EventViewer I did
> not see any bad warnings regarding time.
>
> the command netstat -a say the following:
> [...]
> UDP    computer:ntp           *:*
> [...]
>
> So i thought the NTP port should be ok - i cannot see port 123, but
> ":ntp". Is there any other command with whom i can check if port 123 is
> listening or active?
>
> Regards, Franz

If you install NTP instead of using microsoft's w32time we'd really be
able to help you. Otherwise you need to take this to a Microsoft news group.

You can install Meinberg's binary NTP kit and it should be simple to
configure and use.

you can use netstat -an |grep "123" from the DOS Command line to get a
short list of ntp ports.

Danny