[ntp:questions] Re: Different types of associations in the ntpq billboard

Ronan Flood ronan at noc.ulcc.ac.uk
Tue Apr 11 14:20:56 UTC 2006

mayer at ntp.isc.org (Danny Mayer) wrote:

> > Perhaps some use should be made of pmode=MODE_BROADCAST?
>
> Probably, but ntpq receives the data as-is and doesn't have access to
> that information.

I think it'll be in there somewhere: the code-path as-is calls doquery
with no variable list:

        /*
         * Damn fuzzballs
         */
        res = doquery(CTL_OP_READVAR, associd, 0, 0, (char *)0, &rstatus,
                          &dsize, &datap);

which should return everything a readvar command does.  Would need some
reworking of doprintpeers -- defer calling decodeaddrtype until all
variables seen, and pass pmode to it; something like that.

--
                      Ronan Flood <R.Flood at noc.ulcc.ac.uk>
                        working for but not speaking for