[ntp:questions] Re: w32tm DC error

Franz f.mayer at web.de
Wed Apr 12 14:16:09 UTC 2006

Heiko,

I tried your test and it worked, but all time servers outside of our
university network are blocked ! So on my laptop I can synchronize time
by using command "w32tm /resyc /rediscover" (the uinveristy NTP server
as default SNTP server). It is also working with Meinberg's solution.
So it seems that the UDP port 123 is open and active on my personal
computer, but is blocked from the university's network somehow.

But is there a way to find out if you are in an university network and
are allowed to use only the dedicated NTP server (which has to be found
out as well) or if you are in an open network and can use _any_ time
server?

Regards, Franz