[ntp:questions] WWVB 60kHz Receiver

bgjim225 bgjim225 at yahoo.com
Fri Apr 14 01:52:11 UTC 2006

I"m trying to build a clock that uses the WWVB signal to keep its own
time.  I have everything built and working except the Antenna portion.
I have a 1.1mH ferrite rod Antenna.
I know tuning it would require a capacitor that I calculated to be
7700pF.  The problem I am having is tuning it.  I am not sure how to
test it to make sure it is working correctly.  I have tried
broadcasting a 60kHz signal from a function generator and viewing it on
an O-scope and Spectrum Analyzer, but I"m seeing nothing.  I"m looking
for any suggestions to prove I have this tuned correctly.

THanks