[ntp:questions] adjtime()

SivaKumar Subramani ssubrama at ssd.usa.alcatel.com
Sat Apr 15 11:21:47 UTC 2006

I would like to know the usage of adjtime().

When to use this adjtime() syscall in a program. If I want to adjust 3
min
time either +/- is it advisable to use this call.

If I want to adjust 3 min using adjtime() how much time
this shall take to adjust the system clock.

Our problem is, we use POSIX timer to run a separate clock in our
process, External process ahs the control of system clock.
This process adjust the system clock using adjtime() to adjust 3 min
time,
we observed the clock which we running using POSIX timer lost 1 min
over approx 10 min time. The timers doesn't get triggered or fired at
the
accuracy of 200 milli second during this adjtime() call. Due to this the

process lost the accuracy of real clock.

How to avoid this scenario???

Any suggestions????

Thanks in advance.

Sivakumar