[ntp:questions] Re: WWVB 60kHz Receiver

Terje Mathisen terje.mathisen at hda.hydro.com
Sat Apr 15 12:24:44 UTC 2006

Hal Murray wrote:
> Do cell phones work in your offices?  If so, there is at least
> one company making NTP boxes that work off cell phone timing which
> is basically a relay from GPS.

This only works for CDMA call phone systems, Endrun knows where.

> Google for >CDMA NTP<.  This is the one that I remember:
>   http://www.endruntechnologies.com/tempus-ntp-server.htm
> (I have no idea if their gear is any good.  It's out of my
> hobby price range.)

I have one such unit installed in Tampa. It is quite pricey ($1100 ?),
but it does seem to work, except that it has needed a
reset/reconfiguration for a few months, and I don't have anyone locally
who can handle it. :-(

Terje

--
- <Terje.Mathisen at hda.hydro.com>