[ntp:questions] Re: D-link and hardcoded ntp servers

Dave (from the UK) see-my-signature at southminster-branch-line.org.uk
Mon Apr 17 18:07:05 UTC 2006

Richard B. Gilbert wrote:

> You get what you pay for.  DLink and Linksys routers are cheap and it
> shows.   The Linksys BEFR81 routers claim DHCP client/server support but
> do not fully implement the protocol as described in RFC 2131.

You might consider looking at Intertex

http://www.intertex.se/products/default.asp?iMenuID=110&iItemID=54

which IMHO is pretty good. The support is excellent too via their forum

http://ix66.techarena.org/forum/

the product manager often answers questions

They are designed for SOHO use so the price is not bad, although it is
higher than US Robotics, Linksys and D-link. But it is a lot cheaper
than Cisco.

When I had a problem with my Intertex IX66 ADSL modem/router/firewall
(which was actually a telephone line problem, not the Intertex product),
they agreed to send me an advance replacement, which then sent by a
next-day couier from Sweden to England.

Of course it did not cure the problem, since it was a telephone line
issue, but I thought it was pretty good of them for a SOHO priced product.

--
Dave K     MCSE.

It is always of the form: month-year at domain. Hitting reply will work