[ntp:questions] Re: WWVB 60kHz Receiver

Tim Keck timkeck at gmpexpress.net
Wed Apr 19 00:52:45 UTC 2006

Danny Mayer wrote:
> Jonathan Buzzard wrote:
>
>>At the moment it exists as a Matlab program that runs against a previously
>>recorded HBG signal, that I normally cannot decode reliably with the
>>simplistic methods. However the Matlab program can decode the signal
>>accurately better than 90% of the time. It will need converting into C and
>>made to work in real time to be useful however.
>>
>>JAB.
>>

> Normally I'd suggesting running the MatLab compiler which can convert it
> to a binary but the overhead can be horrendous. I've done it but I don't
> think you'd be happy with the time it would need to run your algorithm.
>
> Danny

If the difficulty is that the Matlab code is higly vectorizedm try using
the svmt library to provide vector operations in c++.  I've been pleased
with the ease of recoding Matlab radar processing code using it, but it
is still recoding.  The svmt fft routine is pretty poor, thugh.  I
hacked in a call to the fftw3 library implementation instead.  Matlab
uses fftw3 for fft's as well.
Tim keck