[ntp:questions] Re: Windows won't settle

David J Taylor david-taylor at blueyonder.co.not-this-bit.nor-this-part.uk
Wed Apr 19 13:08:07 UTC 2006

David Rush wrote:
> David:
>
> Because Windows' implementation of SNTP is already there and should
> work with sufficient accuracy for my needs.  I'd prefer to work with
> what's already there if it can be made to work.  But if it does prove
> to be unworkable, I'm willing to try an install of a "proper" NTP
> client. Thanks for the link.
>
> David

Thanks for the response, David.  Whilst I haven't played with the most
recent Microsoft implementation, using "proper" NTP seems so easy by
comparison, plus you can get great support from the folks here.  It's so
easy to use, I would call it a no-brainer decision.

I appreciate you trying to get the supplied software to work correctly,
though, and we may all learn something as a result.

Cheers,
David