[ntp:questions] Re: Windows won't settle

David Rush david at rushtone.com
Wed Apr 19 22:51:30 UTC 2006

Well, I spoke too soon, I think.  Machine 2 stayed within 100 ms only
for a little more than half an hour.  It strayed as much as -1.6 seconds
before correcting back to +0.0018 sec.  Then it did this
minor-drift-and-correct dance a couple times, and now it's strayed to
over +9 seconds in about 80 minutes.  Hey, it just corrected back to
-0.13 sec.

After the initial success with machine 2, I ran the same magic commands
on machine 1, and it's stayed within 1 second for over 5 hours now.

Any more suggestions?  Or should I give it more time before passing
judgment?

David