[ntp:questions] Re: Windows won't settle

David Rush david at rushtone.com
Thu Apr 20 16:56:17 UTC 2006

After watching the time vary wildly (by as much as 20 seconds - and +)
over the past day, I've disabled Windows time service and installed NTP
(per previous suggestion, downloaded from
http://www.meinberg.de/english/sw/ntp.htm ) on machine 2. It's been
running for about 3 hours so far, and it's stayed within 100 ms. I'll
keep my fingers crossed.  It has slowly drifted from -2 ms right after
starting NTP up to -69 ms now.

Machine 1 is still running Windows time service (Microsoft's
questionable implementation of SNTP), and is performing quite well right
now.  Maximum error is about 60 ms over the past few hours, much of the
time near or below 10 ms.

Thanks for you folks' help.

David