[ntp:questions] Re: PPS Driver -- getting wrong REFID and stratum when peer isn't local refclock

Koos van den Hout koos at cs.uu.nl
Fri Apr 21 16:11:25 UTC 2006

John Ackermann N8UR <jra at febo.com> wrote:

> I'm not sure if this is a bug, or a configuration problem.  I'm running
> ntp-stable-4.2.0a-20050720 on a FreeBSD 5.4 system with PPS kernel enabled.

I'm trying to do almost the same and no luck yet on the PPS bit.

you have

options         PPS_SYNC

in the kernel config or more stuff?

and

link cuaa0 pps0

in devfs.conf?

> # PPS
> enable pps
> server 127.127.22.0
> fudge 127.127.22.0 flag3 1
> fudge 127.127.22.0 refid PPS

My ntp.conf looks quite the same. We have this working on Linux with a
nano-kernel, I'd just like to have it running on FreeBSD too.

                                               Koos

--
Koos van den Hout          PGP keyid 0x27513781           The Virtual Bookcase
Mail  koos at cs.uu.nl        Use PGP when possible                 Book reviews,