[ntp:questions] Re: Prefer peers when using PPS driver

David L. Mills mills at udel.edu
Tue Apr 25 02:57:14 UTC 2006

John,

Yes, that is the intended behavior. Frnakly, I'm very nervous about
configurations like that. If the remote servers comes bum, it is easy
for the client to slide into the wrong second. Yes, it would be possible
to put up a tinker switch, but the program has become so infested with
tinkers that I am reluctant to add more. While I haven't tested it, you
might try setting more than one server as prefer. In this case the PPS
should tune as long as one of them is a survivor.

Dave