[ntp:questions] Referencing Outside NTP Server in my Environment.

vb vbasani at gmail.com
Tue Aug 1 11:46:15 UTC 2006

Hi,

Configured NTP on HP, HP TRU64, Linux and Solaris servers. Each group
has NTP Server and configured local clock impersonator and is
referenced in NTP clients.Works good.

Question is ,  Can I reference some outside NTP server, like defense or
any Educational institute to the NTP servers I configured so that in
case of a problem, all the clients will be synchronized to that of the
otside server instead of local clock impersonator . We not have Radio
Receivers and have firewalls.

Thanks for your response in advance.

-Venkat