[ntp:questions] simple time server

Bryan Henderson bryanh at giraffe-data.com
Tue Aug 1 04:39:26 UTC 2006

I want a server that simply tells clients when they ask what time it
is, using the local system time.  Preferably with NTP.  After reading
a bunch of Ntpd documentation, I thought the undisciplined local clock
driver might be that, but in experiments, it appears to be quite a bit
more complex (judging from debug messages, its demanding superuser
privilege, and the fact that it put my kernel in the hardware clock
updating mode).

Ideally, I'd like something simple enough it could even run via Inetd.

Is there such a program available for Unix?

--
Bryan Henderson                                    Phone 408-621-2000
San Jose, California