[ntp:questions] 15-second difference in time

Dave dmehler26 at woh.rr.com
Wed Aug 2 05:02:26 UTC 2006

Hello,
    I've got a FreeBSD box acting as an ntp server for my local lan. All
boxes connect up to it for synchronization of time. I run a network capable
backup program called bacula and today while running a backup between two
machines i got an error that the time between the two differed by 15
seconds. I realize this isn't a lot of time, but reading the ntp docs i was
under the impression that ntp would keep all boxes on my lan within
milliseconds accurate of each other. If this is so i'd appreciate any
suggestions as to what my issue might be.
Thanks.
Dave.