[ntp:questions] Re: HELP PLEASE::: NTP Garmin GPS 18lvc with PPS and gpsd

Eugen COCA ecoca at eed.usv.ro
Thu Aug 3 19:45:28 UTC 2006

Thanks for the advice.

My idea is to let the servers to do their job, without installing on
the systems unnecessary pieces of software. I made some tests by using
ntop to view a statistic of the connections on my pool.ntp.org servers
(2 and 3). The results where bad enough to stop using this software.

I made the graphs in that page on another system (windows 2k) and I am
satisfied with the results obtained. As the systems are not
commercially (I do not make any money and I should not demonstrate to
anyone they are good) it's a good start point.

I made some test using a P4 at 3GHz box with FreeBSD and the results where
bad enough in terms of temperature stability - useless to mention the
bad behavior when using processor intensive applications (like ntop).