[ntp:questions] Re: HELP PLEASE::: NTP Garmin GPS 18lvc with PPS and gpsd

Steve Kostecke kostecke at ntp.isc.org
Fri Aug 4 03:36:17 UTC 2006

On 2006-08-03, Eugen COCA <ecoca at eed.usv.ro> wrote:

> for better performance I recommmend FreeBSD with your receiver. I have
> two Garmin 18LVC receivers connected to three FreeBSD boxes. You may
> found mrtg results at:
>
> https://ecoca.eed.usv.ro/mrtg/time_servers_internet.html

https://ecoca.eed.usv.ro/mrtg/ntp1usvro_offset.html
https://ecoca.eed.usv.ro/mrtg/ntp2usvro_offset.html
https://ecoca.eed.usv.ro/mrtg/ntp3usvro_offset.html

The scaling (0-100us) makes it difficult to see what is really
happening. If you use RRDTool instead of MRTG you can plot negative
values. So the graphs can be auto-scaled to show reasonable detail.

Here's an Cricket plot of the RRDTool data for :my soekris+gps18lvc:

http://ntp.isc.org/pub/Users/SteveKostecke/mini-graph-20060803.png

Here's the loopstats for roughly the same period:

http://ntp.isc.org/pub/Users/SteveKostecke/loop-20060803.png