[ntp:questions] Re: Windows timekeeping

Richard B. Gilbert rgilbert88 at comcast.net
Sun Aug 6 23:27:30 UTC 2006

David Woolley wrote:

> In article <G5idnWLRZumBcEjZnZ2dnUVZ_vudnZ2d at comcast.com>,
> Richard B. Gilbert <rgilbert88 at comcast.net> wrote:
>

>>Most businesses, in the US at least, tend to replace their PCs every
>>three to five years.  The replacement is not wholesale, but piecemeal.
>

> That tends to be true of medium to large private sector businesses.
<snip>
>>really understood Active Directory.  I pointed out that we didn't need
>>to use A/D and insisted that the PC people install W2K on my new desktop
>

> That sounds like an organisation large enough to have an IT department.

It was.  I was a humble laborer in the Network Services Group.  We were
responsible for operating the data center, help desk, purchasing and
installing PCs, etc.  I was a VMS System Administrator, with sidelines
in Solaris (X86), and Windows.  Thanks to the acquisition of the company
I am now involuntarily retired.

You don't believe the "humble" part?  I confess; I lied!