[ntp:questions] Re: follow up on Windows 2003 SP1 Time Service versus ntpd

HokeyPokey john.smyth at company.net
Mon Aug 14 04:27:31 UTC 2006

I've been trying to get Windows XP SP2 to work as an NTP client for a
couple weeks now, but with very, very poor results compared to the
results I can obtain with Windows port of NTP.

As best I understand it, Windows XP has the same Windows Time Service as
Windows 2003 ... at least based on the common registry parameters.

Is there any reason I shouldn't be able to get my XP time service to
sync the time as well as NTP ... as you have demonstrated with Win2003?