[ntp:questions] Re: follow up on Windows 2003 SP1 Time Service versus ntpd

Brian Inglis Brian.Inglis at SystematicSW.Invalid
Mon Aug 14 05:08:01 UTC 2006

On Sun, 13 Aug 2006 23:26:03 -0500 in comp.protocols.time.ntp,
HokeyPokey <john.smyth at company.net> wrote:

>I've been trying to get Windows XP SP2 to work as an NTP client for a
>couple weeks now, but with very, very poor results compared to the
>results I can obtain with Windows port of NTP.
>
>As best I understand it, Windows XP has the same Windows Time Service as
>Windows 2003 ... at least based on the common registry parameters.
>
>Is there any reason I shouldn't be able to get my XP time service to
>sync the time as well as NTP ... as you have demonstrated with Win2003?

W2K, or XP for known problems and suggested solutions.

--
Thanks. Take care, Brian Inglis 	Calgary, Alberta, Canada

Brian.Inglis at CSi.com 	(Brian[dot]Inglis{at}SystematicSW[dot]ab[dot]ca)
    fake address		use address above to reply