[ntp:questions] Re: follow up on Windows 2003 SP1 Time Service versus ntpd

Ry malayter at gmail.com
Wed Aug 16 11:58:49 UTC 2006

Martin Burnicki wrote:
> Can you tell us a specific version number of w32time which implements this?
>
> It would make it easier to tell whether the "good new" version or the "bad
> old" version of w32time is running. I could imagine the new version might
> also become available for XP or so in a service pack.

The machine I tested - which gave the decent results I posted here
previously - is Win 2003 SP1 plus all security hotfixes. However, since
there have been no pathces for w32time, I believe these files are the
same as the versions that came with Service Pack 1 for Windows 2003
Server.

w32time.dll v5.2.3790.1830
w32tm.exe v5.2.3790.1830