[ntp:questions] Re: SNTP Client/Server questions

Hal Murray hmurray at suespammers.org
Thu Aug 17 22:14:09 UTC 2006

>Try it.  If it works, great.  If not, your choices include running sntp more
>often or running ntpd.

Another thing to consider is calibrating the drift.

Let it run for a week or so and see how much it has drifted.
Then do the math to figure out the fudge-factor you need.
I think there is some program to set it, but I don't remember
the name.

The idea is to correct for the manufacturering error in the
crystal.  That doesn't cover temperature variations, but it
will many a huge difference on many systems.