[ntp:questions] Re: NTP sync on a standalone network (Windows 2k)

Danny Mayer mayer at ntp.isc.org
Sun Aug 20 02:06:12 UTC 2006

Alexandre Carrausse wrote:

> The load is stable on the main server as it is only providing the active
> directory. Not very busy (not like a db backup).

Okay, just remember that Active Directory uses Kerberos so the clients
need to be within 5 minutes of the Active Directory Controller to work
properly, which you are apparently doing with your setup.

>> adjtimex is the utility to tweak the clock frequency.
>
> Seems interesting in the long run.
> The only data I have found looks like code to be compiled for Unix. Anything
> ready for Windows?

No, we've never had an occasion to build it. I don't think it's
necessary if you are running ntpd and just synching to the master.

Danny