[ntp:questions] Re: Question to NTP developers

Eugen COCA ecoca at eed.usv.ro
Fri Aug 25 06:45:16 UTC 2006

David L. Mills wrote:
> Eugen,
>
> Are you using the PPS driver (22)?

Dave,

No, I have FreeBSD and I use PPS to discipline the kernel.

I made in this morning a change, and I use now the 22 driver and see is
there are any differences form the previous situation. I must think to
use a MAX232 and an inverter to generate true RS232 levels (as the
inverter will add some delay and, I'm sure, a small portion of jitter
due to it's own 5V supply and MAX232 internal +/- 10V inverters).

I made a temperature stabilization of one of the servers mainboard
crystal, and the results are quite encouraging. After all, I'm decided
to buy this year a Rb box, to see if there are any changes !