[ntp:questions] Re: PPS from TrueTime 468-DC GOES Time Receiver (with GPS antenna)

Hal Murray hmurray at suespammers.org
Fri Aug 25 21:10:23 UTC 2006

>So, both the 1 and the 1K Hz pulses are available in the form of a BNC
>connector.  I know that TTL stands for Transistor To Transistor Logic,
>but I don't know if that looks like a BNC connector.

TTL is the electrical signal level.  BNC is the mechanical connector.

You need to build a cable that has a BNC connector on one end
and a DB-9 on the other.

You can add the PPS signal to the existing serial cable if you want
or use a separate serial port.

If your existing cable has a molded plug you can't easily add it.
You can either chop the plug off and add a new one, or make an
adapter cable with two plugs, one of each sex, merging the PPS
in on one end.