[ntp:questions] Re: PPS from TrueTime 468-DC GOES Time Receiver (with GPS antenna)

simonpg paul at thesimonet.org
Fri Aug 25 23:08:01 UTC 2006

Hacking up a serial cable is no problem.  I'm just worried about frying
something inside the 486-DC.  Could I expect to see an LED lighting up
on one of those RS-232 signal testers?  How about a Volt/Ohm Meter?  Or
am I worring about nothing?  So I'll hook the ring of the BNC to pin 1
of the DB-9, and the tip to whatever DCD is?  Do I need to worry about
ground loops if I use the same serial port?  (whine, whine, whine)
It's just hard to get the 486-DC fixed; know what I mean?