[ntp:questions] NTP for Windows: Final Release of stable version

Heiko Gerstung heiko.gerstung_removeme_ at meinberg.de
Tue Aug 29 13:04:56 UTC 2006

My fellow members of the Church of the Nanosecond,

due to a number of bug reports regarding the current NTP version
included in our Windows Installer, I decided to release an older version
of a windows NTP binary to allow end users to get rid of the stability
problems the "xmas" version of NTP has on some systems.

Nevertheless the "xmas" Installer was a great success and has been
downloaded more than 16,000 times this year.

As always, any bug reports or feedback can be sent to
ntp-support at meinberg.de or posted in the Windows NTP Bug reports forum
at www.time-server-monitor.com (please make sure you do not accidentally
select the Time Server Monitor bug reports forum for any bug reports
related to our Windows port of NTP).

Download it from here:
http://www.meinberg.de/english/sw/ntp.htm

If you need a comfortable and informative graphical user interface to
NTP in order to monitor your sync status or collect and display
interesting statistical NTP-related data, please check out our free NTP
time server monitor:
http://www.meinberg.de/english/sw/time-server-monitor.htm

The version is called "fluxcap" because (as mentioned before) I never
managed to find a decent flux capacitor for my car on eBay
(unfortunately I do not own a De Lorean DMC-12...). As soon as I get
one, I will check what happens with NTP in 2036. In any case it feels a
little bit like traveling "back to the future" to install a 4.2.0a on my
Windows machines :-)

Best regards,
Heiko

MEINBERG Radio Clocks
www.meinberg.de

IRIG. Rack mount and desktop versions and PCI slot cards.