[ntp:questions] Re: uk pool problem

David J Taylor david-taylor at blueyonder.co.not-this-bit.nor-this-part.uk
Tue Aug 29 15:53:11 UTC 2006

Richard B. Gilbert wrote:
[]
> Four are necessary and sufficient to protect against one false-ticker
> Five are necessary and sufficient to protect against two false-tickers
> Seven are necessary and sufficient to protect against three. . . .

[David here]

However, at the moment, when I use UK pool servers, more times than not
the servers do not resolve at reboot, so I end up with no servers from the
pool!  This is the known DNS problem, which seems to have become worse
over the last few months.  Hence I need to specify other servers as well,
and end up with more than the ideal number......

David