[ntp:questions] Re: NTP for Windows: Final Release of stableversion

David J Taylor david-taylor at blueyonder.co.not-this-bit.nor-this-part.uk
Wed Aug 30 06:19:03 UTC 2006

Danny Mayer wrote:
> David J Taylor wrote:
>>
>> I have your "xmas" version installed on 6 PCs here, and I have
>> observed that under certain conditions (related to DVB-based
>> satellite data acquisition software loosing satellite lock) NTP can
>> become unstable, with the drift file sometimes containing wildly
>> incorrect values.  Is this the sort of instability you have had
>> reported?  In other words, should I downgrade?
>>

> If you are seeing issues like this you should report them separately.
> Heiko is talking about a different problem.
>
> Danny

Thanks, Danny.  Without knowing what issues Heiko was talking about (and I
still don't) I was uncertain whether to downgrade.

The "unstable with TelliCast and satellite signal loss" is something to do
with the satellite software, I believe, but is not completely
reproducible, and not something I would want the development team wasting
their time on right now.

Cheers,
David