[ntp:questions] Re: How does NTP define time?

Brian Inglis Brian.Inglis at SystematicSW.Invalid
Wed Feb 1 01:54:09 UTC 2006

On Tue, 31 Jan 2006 16:05:52 GMT in comp.protocols.time.ntp,
alkruse at gmail.com (Alan Kruse) wrote:

>I know that NTP is about measuring time, but I have not been able to find
>within the RFC's or documentation how NTP actually 'defines' times.

>I need this as I am working on some corporate documents.

>Can anyone help me as to how does NTP define time?

Start by reading the NTP white paper web pages in the navigation bar
of http://www.eecis.udel.edu/~mills/exec.html and follow up with the
linked references if you need more details.

--
Thanks. Take care, Brian Inglis 	Calgary, Alberta, Canada

Brian.Inglis at CSi.com 	(Brian[dot]Inglis{at}SystematicSW[dot]ab[dot]ca)
    fake address		use address above to reply