[ntp:questions] Re: PPS working or not? FreeBSD 5.4

Eugen COCA ecoca at eed.usv.ro
Wed Feb 1 09:50:45 UTC 2006

I have only:

server 127.127.20.1 minpoll 6 maxpoll 6 prefer
enable monitor stats pps

As I said, I have minor problems with the startup process, as the ntpd
service need 2 to 8 hours to stabilize to microsecond offset.

And another minor problem: I have two PCs, one with P2/266 - brand
computer and one AMD k6III/400MHz - "home made" with SOYO motherboard.
The one with P2 have no problems with temperature variations, as the
home made one have big problems (offset rising to 100-300 microseconds
as the temperature changes). I have to study this behaviour too.