[ntp:questions] Re: offset of two acts servers

Garrett Wollman wollman at csail.mit.edu
Fri Feb 3 06:00:58 UTC 2006

In article <11u59933rt89sae at corp.supernews.com>,
rtxo  <gnu at wraith.sf.ca.us> wrote:
>Oddly, one of the acts hosts is consistently 3-5 milliseconds behind,
>and the other 3-5 milliseconds ahead:
[...]
>I wonder whats going on with these hosts. The refclock_acts driver code has
>a comment that claims the acts adjusts for the round trip delay.

Not sure how relevant it is, but have a look at
<http://khavrinen.csail.mit.edu/ca-ntp-offsets.pdf>.  (It's more
interesting on slower machines.)  That's offset on the Y axis and MJD
on the X axis.  Note the odd behavior of time-b.nist.gov (another ACTS
server).

-GAWollman

--
Garrett A. Wollman    | As the Constitution endures, persons in every
wollman at csail.mit.edu | generation can invoke its principles in their own